Just have fun!
- Play the piano! Just press START
- Sing without words
- Music maker
- Learn to type
- Learn how to draw
Animations – drawings – illustrations – pictures – images – clipart – icons
- Animated letter emoticons
- Images search engine
- Graphics factory
- Beautiful animations for children
- Wonderful drawings
- Simple drawings : verbs, adjectives, pronouns, medical. food, people and animals
- Cool illustrations
- Cute graphics
- Funny pictures
- Graphic garden
- The funniest pictures…
- A lot of pictures
- Clipart pictures
- Clipart and more…
- More clipart
- Great clipart
- The best clipart!
- Borders, picture frame border, templates, printables 4U , more, simple, Picasa, Cool, 500, free, plus, frames, borders for kids,
- Animate your photos, funny creations, special effects, photo collage, funny photo, frame show
- Convert your Drawings and Photos to Coloring Pages
- Enjoy pictures
- Test Your Vocab: the more often you do it, the more familiar you’ll become with the words. Play the game here.
- Whack Attack . Try it here.
- Free Rice: matching synonyms. Every correct answer donates ten grains of rice to the World Food Program. Here’s the game.
- Root Words: split the prefix or suffix from the rest of the word or match them to their meanings. Play the game.
- Only Connect. Here’s the original game.
- Find the pictures
Translation :translate words or passages into your native language:
- Answers.com will not only pronounce the word you are looking-up, it will also show and pronounce a sentence using the word.
- ehow :has clear instructions on how to do (just about) everything.
- embedplus.com: hear the word and see facial gestures that different people use to produce pronunciations.
- Ozdic: an online dictionary of collocations
- The Online OXFORD Collocation Dictionary
- For Better English : an online collocations dictionary
- Pronounce it right: how to pronounce foreign names or overseas words plus a pronunciation test
- Omnilexica itself as “search in all dictionaries at once”
- memidex : for definitions, audio, and etymology
- theguardian.com :an invaluable source of information about word usage, grammar and punctuation. You can consult the Style Guide on the guardian.co.uk website, download it as a PDF file (368 pages!)
Text to speech- Listen to any text you write or find !
Write and learn
- Alice wants to talk to you!
- Click on the old book.
- Chat with Santa!
- Draw your thing!
- Visualize Text
- Type your dream
- Test your vocabulary, help others!
- Vocabulary games
- Write and listen
- Write it and I’ll say it
- Create your own talking picture
- Create your hero
- Create your own story
- Write your own book
- Cartoon maker
- Children’s songs
- English Teaching Songs Music and Lyrics
- ESL through music
- Free worksheets for songs
- Learn English with a song
- Lyrics training
- Listen and complete
- Lyrics with Gaps
- Songs that Teach Conversational English and English Vocabulary
- Songs For Teaching English Grammar
- ESL video
- Lyrics Fly
- Lyrics On Call
- Lyrics Mode
- Just Lyrics
- E Lyrics
- Listen Music
- Classic tales videos :improve you pronunciation
- Βest free e-books
- pdf books
- Short stories
- Australian folk stories
- Great readers
- Video quizzes
- One cool friend and … many other cool stories!
- Animated stories
Test – exercise maker
- My list
- Smile is a free web tool from Michigan State University.
ENGLISH for adults
- Breaking news
- Worth spreading
- Collaborate with some of the greatest writers of all time. A “famous writer” will start typing and then it’s your turn. Once you’ve typed in the next line, the writer takes over.
- bartleby : access to books and information, free of charge
PROFICIENCY TESTS PREPARATION
- ets.org (official site – TOEFL, TOEIC, SAT, among other tests)
- TOEFL (information about the test)
- IELTS (information about the test)
- Training for tests
- Exam English Practice (exercises – preparation for many tests)
- English Exams (exercises – preparation for many tests)
- English Tests Store (exercises – preparation for many tests)
- VocabAhead – Videos (preparation for SAT)
- EnglishPDF (exercises – preparation for many tests)
- TOEFL Practice(1)
- TOEFL Practice(2)
- TOEFL Practice(3)
- TOEFL Tips
- TOEFL sample questions
- TOEFL Ibt quick prep
- TOEFL Ibt tips
- TOEIC Practice
- GMAT Practice
- SAT Practice
- GRE Practice
- IELTS Practice
- A bull in a china shop
- Let the cat out of the bag
- Count your chickens before they’re hatched
- Crocodile tears
- In the doghouse
- White elephant
- Like a fish out of water
- Wild goose chase
- Hold your horses
- Make a mountain out of a molehill
- A snake in the grass
- A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- Can of worms
- iReadWrite : to aid students with dyslexia, dysgraphia, and other learning disabilities (Review)
- FluencyTutor For Google : to improve reading skills of students
- Read&Write GOLD : to create picture vocabulary
RESOURCES FOR LEARNING DIFFICULTIES
- A font which helps Dyslexics read better http://opendyslexic.org/